5 Richest Temples in India
India is globally recognized as the ‘Land of Temples’ and Indians are regarded to be immensely fanatic about their faith. India is likewise called the land of Gods and Goddesses and therefore serves as a real perfect option for pilgrims. Every year thousands and thousands of visitors throng Indian temples, thanks to the wealthy heritage and cultural significance those temples convey. People of numerous religions and ideals provide many valuable properties to the temple as a token of their recognition and faith.
Take a look at the 5 richest temples in India
Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Kerala
Padmanabhaswamy Temple is credited with the title ‘The richest Temple in India’ and in the international society. This temple is located in the heart of Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala and has created history with its sizable and great wealth that was retrieved from this temple currently.
This temple shot to fame on 7th July 2011, after the property have been discovered from five secret cellars of the temple wherein treasure really worth more than Rs. 1,00,000 Crore became found, it is around US$22.3 billion in total, without even calculating the antique price of the items. With this Padmanabhaswamy Temple have become the richest temples beating the likes of the Tirupati Balaji temple that become till now touted to be the richest.
The Interesting part is that there is one more cellar to open. The inscription says that those who open the last cellar will be doomed.
Interesting Fact: The treasure that was found
- Antique gold ornaments
- Sack full of Diamonds
- Golden idol of Mahavishnu worth Rs. 500 Crore
- Golden Crowns
- Golden Bow
- 17 kg of gold coins(dating back to the East India Company period)
- Gold in shape of rice trinkets (Weighing one tone! )
- 18 feet long golden necklace weighing 2.5 kg
- Thousands of pieces of antique Jewels studded with diamonds and emeralds
- Golden Vessels
Tirumala Tirupati Venkateswara Temple, Andra Pradesh
Tirupati temple is the most sacred and 2nd richest temple of India. It is situated in Andra Pradesh and is the main pilgrimage vacation spot of South India additionally called ‘Tirupati Balaji Temple.’ Lord Balaji is worshiped inthis temple, popular Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachhan is a devotee of the deity and has reportedly donated around Rs 51 lakh to this temple.
- Tirupati’s Venkateswara deity is clad with about 1000kgs of gold!
- Every day around 150,000 laddus are made at the temple to serve the devotees
- The revenue from the sale of laddu annually is more than 11 million rupees.
- It is said that people drop bags of gold and at times even diamonds at the feet of Sri Venkateshwara.
- Around 50,000 pilgrims visit the temple every day.
- The temple gets up to Rs 650 crore in donations every year.
Saibaba Temple, Shirdi
Sai temple of Shirdi is a few of the pinnacle pilgrimage sites of the world. This temple is a beautiful shrine that was built in 1922. The temple is placed about 296 Kilometers from Mumbai City in India. It is the 1/3 wealthiest temple in India wherein tens of millions of devotees of various religions and castes visit every day. Shirdi is flocked by way of devotees and curious tourists who journey to this holy land of Shri Saibaba. The temple has gold and silver jewelry really worth about Rs 32 crore and silver and cash worth greater than Rs 6 lakh.
- Like most of the best saints Sai Baba left no real report of his childhood earlier than arriving at Shirdi. Nobody is aware he was Hindu, Muslim or Christian. So people of all faith visit shirdi.
- On an average there’s an influx of over 40,000 devotees which reaches to 1,000,000 during festivals.
- The temple gets donations well worth Rs 350 crore every year.
The Siddhivinayak Temple is placed in Prabhadevi, Dadar, Mumbai, Maharashtra. It became initially constructed by Mr. Laxman Vithu and Mrs. Deubai Patil in November nineteenth, 1801. Well recognized celebrities and VIPs journeying this temple is a common sight here. The dome over Ganesha is coated in 3.7 pounds of gold that turned into donated by a Kolkata based businessman. On a median, the enormous Siddhivinayak Temple sees everywhere among 25,000 to two lakh devotees flocking in to just get a glimpse of Ganesha.
Golden Temple, Punjab
Golden temple that is usually referred to as Harmindher Sahib is positioned in Amritsar, Punjab and it attracts thousands of pilgrims from all around the USA and from around the world. The charismatic Golden temple is a distinguished pilgrimage destination that is completely alive with non secular ardor and purity. This specific and charming region will become even greater beautiful and captivating during night time when it is absolutely lit up with its placing gold dome illuminated.
The holiest shrine within the Sikh religion has its walls adorned with wooden panels and elaborates gold and silver work. A aggregate of Muslim, Hindu and European design standards had been used inside the production of Golden temple .The palanquin that bears the Adi Granth is adorned with valuable stones and has a golden canopy supported by using silver poles. This holy region gets as many as 40,000 crowd an afternoon.
Talk about being super rich, and the Rich will become Gods